|Posted:||42 days ago|
Role: Data Scientist
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Start date: ASAP
Hours PW: 40
Duration: 3 monthly contracts with an option to extend
Option to extend: Yes
Are you an experienced Data Scientist looking for a new assignment? Then this is for you! An opportunity has arisen to join our energy clients in Brussels where you will focus on both developing new ML and modelling solutions, as well as updating and maintaining ones already in production. Read further!
- Helping the business to define use cases where machine learning and other predictive modelling techniques can be applied.
- Create machine learning and predictive modelling solutions: training models, doing data analysis and presenting results to business stakeholders with visualizations, presentations, and reports
- Communicate with business stakeholders about the quality of the model, learn about their needs, and keep them in the loop about any changes
- Utilize a wide variety of modelling and analytics techniques, knowing which solution to apply depending on requirements such as explainability requirements, and technical requirements such as the need for on-premise deployment for security.
- Work together with data engineers and software architects to integrate the ML solution together with other software and data tools
- At least 3 years of experience in data science and machine learning, with a particular focus on models in production
- Experience mentoring and supporting junior data scientists
- Experience deploying ML models to production and monitoring them.
- Experience writing production code (test-driven development, working with/creating CI/CD pipelines)
- Prior experience in the energy industry: understanding of basic physics of electricity systems, functioning of electricity markets, and role of main energy system players (TSOs, DSOs, etc.) is a strong plus
- BSc or MSc in Electrical engineering, engineering, computer science, energy economics, informatics, or similar is a plus.
- Fluent in English. Additional language skills in German, Dutch or French are a plus
- Creative, autonomous, empathic, team player and result driven
- Good communication skills
Nice to Have
- Previous experience in data or software engineering is a plus
- Experience with optimization techniques (ex. PuLP in python)
- Experience with Docker a plus
- Experience with ML flow a plus
Interested and want to know more? Please contact Namrata Elango at Source Technology part of SGI!