|Posted:||40 days ago|
|Salary:||CHF100000 - CHF130000 per annum, Benefits: Annual Bonus & Generous pension contributions|
Geneva, Switzerland (Remote/Hybrid)
100,000 - 130,000 + Bonus & Pension
Our client based in Geneva builds world-class open-source products for code quality and security. Their open-source products support over 25 programming languages, empowering dev teams of all sizes to solve coding issues within their existing workflows. With over 5 million developers using their software, 16,500 and a Community Edition trusted by more than 375,000 organizations globally, their products are a gold standard for teams and businesses to deliver better, safer software.
As a member of one of our engineering teams, you'll be a key player in making the best software tools for Code Quality and Security, creating new features that help our users write better software and delivering a high-quality, amazingly powerful and popular open-source product.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and UX designers to specify new features and enhance various products.
- Develop new features centred around the end user.
- Follow strong TDD methods – including unit and integration tests.
- Release and monitor your new features in production.
- Work with agile methodologies.
- Contribute to the definition of the team’s short and long-term goals.
- Do sprints with an integrated (Dev and Ops) team
- A higher degree in computer science (ETH / Uni / FH) or comparable education.
- Several years of experience as a Backend Developer using Java (8+)
- Developing in Java with clean and maintainable code whilst having design patterns and architecture in mind.
- Good Computer Science fundamentals.
- Experience with relational RDBMS (such as MySQL, SQL Server, Postgres)
- Code Quality practices (experience in using testing frameworks), constructive code reviews
- Tooling: Knowledge of build tools (Maven or Gradle); Experience with any version control system.
Nice to have
- The first experience on AWS, ideally developing a cloud-native application
- Knowledge of Python and Bash scripting
- Knowledge of a mainstream RDBMS Oracle, SQL Server, and/or Postgres
- Experience with API design and third-party integrations
- Competitive salaries
- Safe and diverse work culture – their international team values respect, kindness, and never being afraid to fail.
- Flexible hours - we schedule our days in order to be effective at work, while also being able to enjoy life’s important moments.
- Great people - we value people skills as much as technical skills and strive to keep things friendly and laid back.
- Work-life balance - keeping a healthy work-life balance is important. This is why some people prefer working some days from home.
- Always keep learning - in an ever-changing industry, learning new skills is a must, and we're happy to help our team to acquire them.