Ann Arbor, United States
|Posted:||399 days ago|
|Location:||Ann Arbor, United States|
HOW YOU’LL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Design, execute and deliver technical solutions for Rebo's product offering including interior, exterior, and specialty lamps for automotive applications.
- Develop lamps optimized for customer requirements, manufacturability, tooling, appearance, regulatory, and cost.
- Lead the design of the products through validation and launch.
- Design the key technical interface with the customers' design team.
- Coordinate and conduct regular design reviews with designers, optical engineers, electrical engineers, tooling engineers, manufacturing engineers and quality engineers.
- Effectively communicate design direction with the project team and the customer, supplies, manufacturing, and quality communities.
- Work cross-functionally to support prototype and production build activities.
- Balance attributes such as cost, weight, complexity, and timing.
- Identify and implement cost saving ideas and product improvements.
- Complete Application Data Sheets to support RFQ's.
YOUR KEY ATTRIBUTES
- You have a Bachelor’s degree focused in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- You have at least 7 years of engineering experience in the automotive industry developing DFMEAs (Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis), GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance) and DVPRs (Design Verification Plan and Report)
- You are knowledgeable in the following areas:
- Interior and/or exterior lighting component design
- Plastic materials, plastic injection molding, optics, basic electronic circuitry, manufacturing processes, tooling, fixture design, and product validation
- Global lighting regulations
- You are able to travel, including internationally, as needed
- You are accountable, and demonstrate integrity by delivering what is promised
- You are stoked by challenges, pushing to create something new – never settling simply for “the way it’s always been done”
- You find new and effective ways to streamline processes for max efficiency
- You are a self-driven team player with a can-do attitude ready to step up and help others without being asked
- You’re organized, highly efficient and know how to develop specific goals and prioritize with minimal supervision
- You are tech savvy and can utilize Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
BE ON TEAM REBO, AND YOU’LL ENJOY
- Opportunity to grow and develop your career with high internal and external visibility
- Hybrid work model to get the best of both worlds of working remotely and with colleagues
- Tuition Reimbursement
- We offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
- Competitive Pay and Benefits package
- Flexible work schedules and generous paid holidays/vacations
- Matching 401k
- Employee discounts
- …and SO much more!